Article marketing is simply the process of writing articles, publishing your articles on article directories and syndicating your articles.
To be successful in article marketing, you need to:
- Write high quality and keyword optimized articles.
- Submit a series of such articles to article directories on a regular basis.
An article that has good content and that contain the keywords that readers are searching for has many page views. Imagine if each article generates a page view of 500 readers, if you have ten of such articles, you will get 5000 page views. With article syndication, you get more back links for higher ranking on search engines and can also brand yourself as an expert in your area of online business.
But what constitute good content? Here are some useful tips:
1. Your content answers a need or solves a problem that your target readers have. Specifically, your article contains keywords that readers search for. For instance, if you are targeting readers with hair loss, then “hair loss” is a keyword phrase that you can use in your article. However, a better keyword phrase is likely “hair loss remedy” as your article content can be on remedy solutions for hair loss, thus addressing the needs of your reader.
2. Your article contains useful resources. Using the same example for hair loss, you can write about where your reader can find the remedy solutions.
3. Your content contains practical tips that your readers can easily apply. A step-by-step guide on preparing a remedy right out from one’s kitchen is interesting and unusual.
4. If you are writing a discussion topic, you present alternative views and a healthy discussion on each view.
5. Your content is personalized. You write from your own experiences.
6. You have an opinion on a discussion topic and your ideas are well supported. Support can be in the form of testimonials from experts or references to scientific and proven research. It is okay to write an article based on general information but winning content are those that have supporting reasons for your opinion.
7. Your article is up-to-date with the latest information on trends. No one likes to read outdated ideas. This is especially if you are writing on an area that is fast moving like IT or even fashion.